Course Deferment Policy
1. All students shall be briefed on the Deferment Policy and Procedure during:
a. Pre-course Counselling by Course Counsellors
b. New student orientation by Admin. staff
2. The Deferment Policy and Deferment Procedure can also be found in the following communication channels:
a. Student Handbook
b. Exerceo website and
c. Notice Boards
3. The Student Support Services clearly explains the following to the student upon management approval of the course deferment request:
a. The implication on the status of the Student’s Pass;
b. The need to sign a new Student Contract or an addendum to the existing Student Contact
4. Circumstances in which a deferment application will be granted
A. Deferment of course
A.1 Student request with reason to defer his/her course commencement date to a later intake or deferring remaining modules of the current course of study shall submit the Deferment Request Form (FRM 066) to the Admin. Department;
a. Parent / Legal guardian’s written consent is required if the student is under 18 years of age;
b. The maximum allowable period for deferment is 12 months;
c. Make known to the student that he/she is required to submit a new request if there is a further need to defer the course commencement date.
d. Request for deferment must be approved by the Principal.
B. Deferment of module(s)
B.1 Student fill-up and submit the Deferment Request Form (FRM 066) to request to defer a module or the remaining yet to complete modules of the course he/she is studying;
B.2 Parent / Legal guardian’s written consent is required if the student is under 18 years of age
B.3 The maximum allowable period for the deferment shall be not more than 12 months or the allowable date to complete the course whichever is earlier;
B.4 Request for deferment must be approved by the Vice Principal – Academic and then the Principal
5. Administrative fees for Deferment
No administrative fee is charged for processing deferment cases.
6. Time Frame for processing a deferment case
Exerceo shall complete the processing of deferment request within 4 weeks from the date of submission of the request by student.